Brass butt problem

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 12:12:06 -0500

Rob,

OK. Yes, this is a very common type of hammer butt and I have seen many. The problem I was having
was "seeing" it in my minds eye from the description given. This type of butt is common on the
brass rail type actions as well as the "Billings" type brass flanges.

When you wrote "the felt lined pin hole allow the butt to have a little wobble" in my mind I
couldn't picture the obvious which is the center pin bushing hole on the hammer butt itself.
Somehow I thought we were referring to the type on page 79 in APSCO catalog, item #24429C.  I
thought you meant that there was a strip of felt lining the spot where the butt plate is screwed
down to the butt itself.

Now, how's that for confusion, eh?  Sorry!!

Maybe we could refer to these catalogs/part #'s in future posts? It would certainly help in some
situations. ;-)

Kind Regards,
Greg Torres