In defense of Dave Pitsch

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:47:40 -0700 (MST)

Hi to all:

Recently there have been two lines posted which bother me a little:

>   ...And if anyone really thinks that an ETD can just "get you close,"
>well then you just haven't learned how to use one..."

"Definitely misinformed a/o hasn't learned to use one (SAT, RCT).

I personally know Dave Pitsch to be an outstanding technician in every way.
He certainly knows how to use a SAT, and will soon know how to use an
RCT as well. As far back as 15 years ago he was providing to the trade
electronic tunings which he had personally tweaked to his own satisfaction
aurally. You could purchase these tuning from him in groups of 100 I
believe. They were very conscientiously prepared.

Just a little history for those who don't know him.

Sure, each of us who tunes aurally sense that our tunings are the best
ever since sliced bread was invented. That is our subjective judgment. We
are entitled to it. We've worked hard to get to the point where we can
often satisfy ourselves (truly the toughest judge).

Personally, we may not agree with Dave's every statement, but he is well
qualified to make his own statements. It will be interesting to see what
he comes up with when he starts using the Pianalyzer. He may even re-tweak.
some of his aural tunings. He will do a good job either way.

Jim Coleman, Sr.