Nursing Homes

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:48:49 EDT

<<
 At 09:36 PM 6/15/98 -0500, you wrote:
 >I've only done one nursing home, & was screamed at several times telling
 >me to shut up. This home does not have their piano tuned very often& I'll
 >probably not go back , but if I do I'll probably charge double because of
 >the harrasment. Does anybody charge more for nursing homes?
 >Dick,
 >Louisiana

I have a few nursing homes in my clientele.  I realize the age and seniel
happens and yes some get very rude to me.  My contact is usually their social
worker. I have not had to do this, but should they scream at me to the point
that I cannot tune, I would go to the social worker and see if he or she can
calm them down, take them for a walk, etc.  I doubt if the social worker would
blame me, and if so, I would not tune for that nursing home again.

One post mentioned that the tool case went flying.  When I am in a public
place I keep my tools close and a good eye on them.

Food for thought.

Dave Peake, RPT