Verdigris on Steinway rails

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:13:38 -0500

I'm still listening.  Both the rails and the center pins are brass.  Both
the bushings and the rail cloth are wool?  the rail cloth looks like
cotton?  I've always seen the rails green too.  I just want to know what
the consensus is on the rail reproducing the problem to some extent decades
from now.  Thanks!
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.