Roger's Duplex Puzzler

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:36:50

Hi Mike,
        Just half right?????????????  The reverse was true, excessive down
bearing on two strings of the unison, an easy fast fix, use a stringing
hook on the inside of the string and lever upwards on the hitch pin,
bearing should be about.015" to .020" with the 3 leg dial gauge. To answer
Robs statement about the duplexing not making a difference, please measure
the bearing with a dial gauge or lowell compound gauge, I might have some
suggestions for improvment.
  Before I jump into a flame suit, I was fighting the clock on this one,
and needed stability for a major concert. A better fix is to lower the
tension and lift the string on the hitch pin, retune ect.
Regards Roger