Journal Trigger Point article somewhat off-topic

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:00:40 -0500

I come from this point of view as a practicing chiropractor's husband.
The article is interesting but...treating symptoms dealing with pain
doesn't necessarily fix the problem. My own wife has saved my tuning career
because of injuries including muscle problems several times with
chiropractic treatment.  I could tell you anecdotal stories myself about
people I have seen in her office and have received help.
My point is, if you have a problem, seek help from a doctor who is educated
to examine and diagnose.  Don't try to treat potentially serious problems
yourself.  Find out where the problem is coming from and what caused it,
get treatment and change your behavior.  It is somewhat similar to taking
pain killers.  They don't take away the problem, only the pain.  Pain is
there for a warning device.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
pianoman@inlink.com            May I listen as well as I hear.