No partials in lowest 1 1/2 octaves?

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 11:41:27 -0400

Bob makes a good point.  With only the computer mike, the fundamentals I am
able to detect start pretty high up the scale.  With a cheap plug in mike
the results are a little better.  Check the specs on your mike.  Many
specify 50 or even 100 Hz as the bottom of their range.  Of course, the
whole issue is moot if your system does not measure the fundamental below a
certain limit.

Frank Weston