soundboard drying/moisture meters

Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:05:37 -0700

Lance,

I've not personally used any of the pinless moisture meters; I have used the pin
type. That's what we use in our shop. But...

None of these meters measure accurately below 6% or so. Even at 6% the readings
get a bit shaky. For soundboard work you're better off storing these things in a
temperature & humidity controlled room and monitoring both the temperature and
humidity. From these numbers you can determine the moisture content of the wood
stored under these conditions. We maintain ours so the the EMC is a consistent
6% to 6.5%.

Del