2000 problem

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:59:56 EDT

List,

With all your concern, I decided to check my database program (Access 1.1) to
make sure it accommodated 4 digit dates.  I have only been using 2 digits.
When I reformatted one of the fields from "medium date" to "long date," "1998"
came out clear as a bell.  Whew!

I could just see myself sending a reminder to a customer with the note that it
had been 101 years since I tuned their piano.  Or would that be 99 years in
the future?

So it appears, to stay current on January 1, 2000, I will just have to be sure
all my data entry fields are reformatted to show the longer date format.

Bill Maxim, RPT