aural/electronic tuning

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 21:54:31 EDT

<<    Now, if Dave's point were that aural tuning is
 the basis for electronic tuning, well then I'd agree
 wholeheartedly. And if he'd said that simply owning
 an ETD isn't enough to make you an expert tuner, I'd
 slap him on the back and buy him a Belgian beer.

That is my point, Mitch.  I'm simply stating that to be a good ETD tuner you
must be a good aural tuner. The fear I have is that a novice would purchase a
sophisticated ETD and within a few days or weeks, tune pianos for a living and
claim to be just as good as an aural tuner.  ETD's can be wrong and we must be
able to aurally verifiy.

I will take you up on your offer.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR