Dealing with small children

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:03:18 -0700

Lwellerrpt@aol.com wrote:

> Once a woman even left her 6
> month old baby propped up with a pillow on a blanket on the floor near me and
> went out to the backyard to trim the hedges.  The baby amazed me by being very
> quiet for 1/2 hour.  He finally spoke up when he fell over into a position he
> couldn't get out of.  I called her in and she just came in and made sure he
> was ok and went out again.  I left that house very angry.  I actually tore up
> her file card.

Lisa,

Is there some reason why you let this woman use you for a free cherub
watcher? You tore up the card so I take it that you weren't afraid of
losing a customer. Isn't there some way to say to the woman that your
child is adorable but I really need to concentrate on my work and I
would prefer not to babysit at the same time? The moment she puts the
baby next to you? Before you get angry?

I admire your abilities to entertain the children in your tuning life
and your post inspires me to engage them more than I do (my mentor told
me to "shoo them out of the room - you don't have time"). >:-(

Tom (star quarterback, Monday morning team)
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA