Dealing with small children

Lwellerrpt@aol.com Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 03:46:58 EDT

Tom, Rob,

I had my back to the baby and didn't realize she had gone outside for more
than a minute or two until it was too late. I never let my kid out of my sight
when he was small, so I assumed (there's my trouble) that she wouldn't either.
I think she's also the kind of mom who depends on the dog to watch the baby
for minutes at a time.  She actually told the dog to watch the baby as she
walked out the door!

 There were other things about this situation I didn't like.. like the way she
spoke to me.  She's one of those  "too busy to stand still while I talk, but
can you do these extra things since you're here?" types. I'm sure if the house
had a servant's entrance, she would have asked me to use it.   I need work but
not that bad.  I guess I wasn't in the mood that day for confrontations of any
kind.

Lisa