Piano Valuations

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 08:39:46 +0000

David ilvedson wrote:

> How would we factor in the areas of sales.  For instance in the
> Bay Area in California a piano would certainly get more money
> because of the number of people living here...

Hi David,
    Include the region code, i.e mine is the Central-East or #4.  Are
prices greatly different in the Bay Area than 150 miles Northeast?-- Or
is it more related to region?  If region alone is not good enough, add
an "M" for small metropolitan, "MM" for metro areas over a million, "R"
for rural.  By studying the data we could learn to factor this in for
the varios types of pianos.
-Mike Jorgesnen