Dealing with small children

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:09:18 EDT

<< I often tune in homes with small children.  Many times the mother or baby-
 sitter leaves the children in the room with me.  Once a woman even left her 6
 month old baby propped up with a pillow on a blanket on the floor near me and
 went out to the backyard to trim the hedges.  The baby amazed me by being
very
 quiet for 1/2 hour.  He finally spoke up when he fell over into a position he
 couldn't get out of.  I called her in and she just came in and made sure he
 was ok and went out again.  I left that house very angry.  I actually tore up
 her file card. >>

I have never had this happen to me, but if it does, I'll remmber this. I would
pick the baby up, and bring it to the mother, explaining that I came to tune
the piano, not baby sit.  I might never get called back, but then why should I
want to go back and baby sit.

Willem Blees  RPT