Piano Valuations

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:07:52 +1200

In starting this thread I said - "I'm not offering to do the job",
however I can send the "Reflex" Flat File Database for
"Piano-Valuation" which I developed in 1986 or there abouts - it may
be a starting point for defining and dealing with the myriad
parameters which must be considered. It is certainly NOT usable on the
WEB.

Unless you have a competent Software Engineer on "Piano-Tech", it is
my feeling that your Guild should commission the work to a
professional WWW / Web developer.

Members can be recruited to assist defining the methodology and
identifying or confirming the "Valuable" parameters and testing the
system etc.

Since there is a risk that NON guild users COULD sabotage the
information about sales - it is perhaps in your interest to have the
WRITING (entry) of sales into valuation system restricted to Guild
members.

As a "lookup" and "Calculate" system, I reason that it would be/should
be in the interests of all piano industry people to have access for
"on-line Valuations".

Insurance companies may have an interest in subsidizing the
development.

If someone will pay my Air fair and accommodation, from Wellington NZ,
I will come to your "Convention" to "brief" you more fully on the
subject.

AlanD (who missed 1996 convention because he could not afford the
costs of staying another week in USA after his June conference in
Washington DC)