Puzzler

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 11:41:21 +0000

Well all of the answers were good ones and certainly could cause
this problem.  What I noticed was the jack was low in the
repetition window...I knew enough to run though the circle of
jacks regulation on a note and believe it or not the clatter was
much improved.  The pianist who was sitting there with me said,
"Oh, lets do that"...Now the clatter was tolerable but still
could be improved.  I discovered another problem when I removed
the hammer, shank & flange and the clue to that puzzle is their
was a Dampchaser under the pinblock, which I removed, I'm sure
to JIMRPT's approval.  What did I discover?
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@jps.net