Twisting new bass strings

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 17:02:40

Hi William,
           Most verticals do not have agraphs. I have done several sound
board repairs on modern grands with out even removing the strings, as the
pin blocks are not glues in, on some models, it is possible to lift out the
plate, pinblock and strings as one unit saving considerable work.  It is
also easy to tie the bass strings to the strut and leave the the coils
intact on units that have an integrated case and pin block.
Roger

>Can you please explain to all of us how you get the plate out of a piano, and
>keep the bass strings, to be reused later?
>
>Willem Blees RPT
>St. Louis

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.