Computer poll

Garret Traylor garret@kdn0.attnet.or.jp
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:19:59 +0900

1. What type of computer do you have (Mac or IBM clone) and what additional
hardware or peripherals do you use with it?

IBM - NEC 9619 Desktop- 166 htz - 7gig hd - 64mb ram - 2mb video ram
IBM - AST Ascentia Laptop - A41 - 120 htz - 1.3 gig hd - 16 mb ram - 2 mb
video ram

2. How long have you been making use of your computer for business purposes?

6 years

3. When was the last time you upgraded your system?

This year I added 32 meg of ram to desktop along with a zip drive, desktop
scanner

4. If you use a word processing program, which one is it and what sort of
things do you use it for?

Business letter, templates, assorted documents. (Microsoft Word)

5. Do you use your computer for bookkeeping? If so, what program do you use?

Quick Books Pro

6. How do you keep track of customer records?

Pre-printed numbered invoices.

7. Do you send reminders through your computer and, if so, how are these
lists generated?

>From Lotus Organizer address section.

8. In addition to your computer files, do you also use index cards a/o paper
records to carry with you into the customer’s home?

Yes, I use a three-part pre-printed numbered invoice. Customer get the top
copy, yellow for my customer file, pink for IRS archive.

9a. Do you use your computer for billing customers?

Yes

9b. Do you print invoices?

Yes

9c. If so which program do you use for these activities?

MicroSoft Word or QuickBooks Pro. For larger estimates, apprasials, or
contracts I sometimes print an additional  seperate invoice.

10. Do you do such things estimates and  appraisals, etc. from your
computer?  What program(s) do you use for such reports?

MicroSoft Word Template

11. Do you publish a newsletter from your computer and what method do you
use?

Adobe Acrobat

12. Do you use a spread sheet for any of the above tasks?

Yes, Microsoft Excel

13. Do you use a program for scheduling appointments a/o a Personal
Information
Manager?

Lotus Organizer..... for now

14. Do you track shop work and tasks on your computer?

No

15. Can you think of any other valuable ways your computer has helped you in
your piano service business?

http://www.EqualTemperament.com Web page design, E-mail, and Internet
commerce.