Computer poll

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 06:50:53 -0500

interspersed
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
pianoman@inlink.com            May I listen as well as I hear.

----------
> From: Jeannie Grassi <jgrassi@silverlink.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: RE: Computer poll
> Date: Sunday, June 21, 1998 7:42 PM
>
> Well Jim, I take it you are willing to respond?  Here are the questions:
(No
> fair looking on Gina's paper for the correct answers)
> Thank you for offering to help with my informal survey.  In order for me
> keep all the responses in order, please respond in the order below.  If
you
> want, you may intersperse your answers in between my questions.
Otherwise,
> please number them appropriately. Thanks for your participation.
> Jeannie
>
> 1.	What type of computer do you have (Mac or IBM clone) and what
additional
> hardware or peripherals do you use with it?
Gateway 2000 200mgz, 32meg ram, MMX, 17" monitor, HP 694C printer, 2.8 HD I
think,HP flatbed scanner, mouse, surr sound set up.

> 2.	How long have you been making use of your computer for business
purposes?
Not this one but back around 1980 got my first TRS-80 Mod III.

> 3.	When was the last time you upgraded your system?
> January, 1987
> 4.	If you use a word processing program, which one is it and what sort of
> things do you use it for?
Office 97 Word mostly for everything.

> 5.	Do you use your computer for bookkeeping? If so, what program do you
use?
Yes.  PFS:First Choice and Quicken V.3

> 6.	How do you keep track of customer records?
> First Choice DB I put together and also on my RCT MAC Claris Scheduler.
> 7.	Do you send reminders through your computer and, if so, how are these
> lists
> generated?
> I don't send out letter reminders period.
> 8.	In addition to your computer files, do you also use index cards a/o
paper
> records to carry with you into the customer’s home?
> Index cards which is my back up system in year alph files I keep except
when I am at their home.
> 9.	Do you use your computer for billing customers?  Do you print
invoices?
I use  Word for building my invoices with my own ads on it and print them
out at the copy place 100 at a time.
> If so which program do you use for these activities?
>
> 10.	Do you do such things estimates and  appraisals, etc. from your
> computer?
Yes
 What program(s) do you use for such reports?
> Word 97
> 11.	Do you publish a newsletter from your computer and what method do you
> use?
> Used to, now I get as much news on my activities on my individual
receipts as I can.
> 12.	Do you use a spread sheet for any of the above tasks?
> Yes part of FC
> 13.	Do you use a program for scheduling appointments a/o a Personal
> Information
> Manager?
> Just on my file cards, whatever I have in my customer files in FC and now
in Claris on the MAC.
> 14.	Do you track shop work and tasks on your computer?
> NO.  I don't need another nag at me.
> 15.	Can you think of any other valuable ways your computer has helped you
in
> your piano service business?
Trying to make me think in a logical manner and making me feel dumb when I
can't figure the simplest things out.