Cleaning strings

Wallace Scherer WallyTS@compuserve.com
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 08:59:53 -0400

Terry,

You said you could clean a set of strings for about $50. Do you mean you
could take off the whole set of bass strings, clean them, and reinstall
them for a customer and only charge $50? Or is the $50 in addition to
whatever you would charge for removal and reinstallation?

At any rate I would be interested in your describing the cleaning process.
I run in to pianos frequently that could have the sound greatly improved if
the strings were cleaned, but the customer definitely would not want to
spend over $150 for the job.

To remove a single wound bass string and install a new one (universal), I
charge $16 (if done during a regular service call).

Wally Scherer
E-mail: WallyTS@iName.com (Please use this new address now!)
Web page: http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/2411
"Speak to strangers - all your friends once were!"