Computer poll

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:20:06 -0400

Hi, Jeannie, here are my answers

1. What type of computer do you have (Mac or IBM clone) and what additional
hardware or peripherals do you use with it?

IBM Compatible Clone ( No trade mark, assembled by myself) CPU Intel 200Mhz
MMX  512 Cache
RAM 64Mb,  32X Multimedia Kit with 64AWE SoundBlaster Card, Floppy 3.5,  Two
HDD Main 4.3Gb and Slave 2.0Gb  1 Paralel port  Iomega ZipDrive.  Flatbed
scanner 4800x4800 Paralel port interface and a Canon BJC 4000 Printer and a
PalmPilot Pro attached

2. How long have you been making use of your computer for business purposes?

Since 1977 ( I started with Apple 16K system cassette)

3. When was the last time you upgraded your system?

November Last Year.

4. If you use a word processing program, which one is it and what sort of
things do you use it for?

Word for Windows 97 I use it for everything from invoices to faxes..

5. Do you use your computer for bookkeeping? If so, what program do you use?

Quicken 4

6. How do you keep track of customer records?

Self made program in Access

7. Do you send reminders through your computer and, if so, how are these
lists
generated?

I codified all my customers in the Access program and when the time arises I
list all the customers for the month in course and send them a reminder by
fax or calling ( I am using WinFax 8 ) The faxes I send I keep them for next
time. Once I called the customer depending on him calling back I add a
number to the code number which will indicate me how many times I called
till I get an answer and If he accepted, said no definitively etc.

8. In addition to your computer files, do you also use index cards a/o paper
records to carry with you into the customer’s home?

Palm Pilot Professional,

9. Do you use your computer for billing customers?  Do you print invoices?
If so which program do you use for these activities?

Word 97 and Excel 97

10. Do you do such things estimates and  appraisals, etc. from your
computer?  What program(s) do you use for such reports?

Excel 97

11. Do you publish a newsletter from your computer and what method do you
use?

When I do i use Publisher

12. Do you use a spread sheet for any of the above tasks?

Excel 97

13. Do you use a program for scheduling appointments a/o a Personal
Information
Manager?

PalmPilotīs Program as Scheduler

14. Do you track shop work and tasks on your computer?

PalmPilotīs Program as Scheduler

15. Can you think of any other valuable ways your computer has helped you in
your piano service business?

All about Internet and E-Mail

Elian Degen

PTT Caracas, Venezuela