Sweet Sound

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:47:51 -0700 (MST)

To the entire list:

During the aural/visual tuning discussions, we saw the term sweet sound
as a description of fine aural tuning. Could we have some more comment
on what makes the aural tuning have its distinctive character? Such things
as how you prove the octaves, double octaves, tolerance of interval
progression, cleanliness of unisons (there was some discussion about having
not such antiseptic type unisons) and any other specifics which would be
of interest. I'm not setting anyone up for criticism, but rather to get
some specifics to be able to better teach aural tuning. I actually teach
aural tuning more than I do visual tuning (strange as that may seem to
some, since I am an AccuTuner dealer). If I can figure out what the real
experts are really doing, I might become a better all around aural tuner
and hence be able to teach others also.

Jim Coleman, Sr.