Soundboard Damage above humidifier

Rob & Karen Loomis rkloomis@shaysnet.com
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:12:10 -0400

Hi-

Unfortunately I've had my first bad experience with a Humidifier control
sytem [out of hundreds]. Unfortunately it is in a rather valuable [fully
restored] grand. Above one corner of the humidifier, water condensed on
the sound boardf and rib, whitening the shellac and causing a large
crack in the board above it. This humidifier had the older style shorter
hangers and I'm suspecting that perhaps others havc had this experience,
causing you to lengthen them. Is there anything else that can be done to
avoid this situation? Why did it happen. I'd appreciate any help you can
give me in damage control.  I've sworn by your systems and I need to
defend the continued use of humidity control as well as find a way to
fix this sound board in a spot that is under both bass and treble
strings.

Thanks,

Rob Loomis

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...