Twisting new bass strings

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:38:14 EDT

Terry:

This goes back to a subject that we all talked about several months ago. When
you say. "It doesn't really take that much time". how much time are you
talking about? Figure what you charge per hour, and then see if you are saving
any money?

Wim

 That would depend on the funds available for the job. I can clean the
 strings for about $50 but a new set is about $300. I have never broken a
 string during removal. It doesn't really take that much time. The pianos
 that I work on really don't justify the expense of new strings, although one
 of these days I will try it.

 Terry