Was Computer poll

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:46:37 +0000

Rob,

If each checkbook is regarded as a company then only one
company can be open at a time right?  I am Sec/Treas. for the
No. Cal. PTG Exam Board and I have a company in Quickbooks
just for that.  When I want to work in it I have to open it and
my business company is closed.  When you say you use the same
set of accounts how is that possible?  Of course you don't want
to mix personal with business when doing business accounting.  I
don't think you will be able to get a single report for the
"plumbing" expenses but you certainly can get 3 separate reports
and tally up all the "plumbing" expenses.  I keep my household
stuff in Quicken 98 and my business in QBPro.  They are separate
but the household does have business expenses sometimes.  I just
get a report and take it along with my Biz tax reports and take
to the accountant.  Sorry I can't be of more help...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA