becket breaker

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:41:51 +0200

Dear list,
Some time ago there was talk about breaking the beckets when removing the
strings.
I have never seen the tool that should be used for that purpose, it is in no
European catalogue as far as I know.
But today I tried to do the job using my selfmade coiltightening tool.
It was a succesfull operation and I like the becket breaking procedure.
It was the first time for me to unstring a piano without any blood loss.
The only thing is that my coiltightening thing didn't survive.
Can anyone please send me a picture of the becket breaker and/or the
(E-mail)adress where I can order one?
Thanx.
Michiel van Loon
mvanloon@xs4all.nl