becket breaker

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:07:12 -0600

Michiel,
The tool that you made was probably too soft to take the beating that it
takes to break all those beckets. The tool that the supply companies have
is made of case hardened steel. They are just larger than the tuning pin so
when in use you can put pressure against the tool to keep it seated on the
coil when the hammer strikes the tool breaking the becket. The closer the
tool is to the size of the pin without being tight the less difficulties
you will have in using the tool.
Joe Goss
You know your on the level if your bubble is in the middle.