fumigation and pianos

Michael D. Martinez martinez@polisci.ufl.edu
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:45:19 -0400

Dear technicians,

Does anyone know whether fumigating a house for termites has any effects
(immediate or residual) on a piano?  If we do fumigate, it is advisable to
remove the piano from the house first or would that be an unnecessary
expense?  If we do fumigate, we would use Vikane rather than methyl bromide.

Please feel free to reply to me directly, and thanks for your help.

Michael D. Martinez
Department of Political Science       phone (352) 392-0262 ext 282
University of Florida                 fax (352) 392-8127
P.O. Box 117325                       email: martinez@polisci.ufl.edu
Gainesville, Florida 32611-7325 USA   http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/martinez/