Sweet Sound Tuning

Pianosrv@aol.com Pianosrv@aol.com
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:01:51 EDT

>Actually Susan, each time you get an octave higher, any descreptencies are
>magnified @2X per octave.  If a tuner can get smooth fourths and fifths all
the
>way to the top treble, in my book, he is a real expert tuner.
>
>Vince Mrykalo wrote:
>
>> I rely heavily on parallel twelfths (oct + 5th) for octaves above the
>> temperament, and parallel tenths below.

Same here,  also double oct+5ths and evenly ascending 17ths that don't start
sounding wolfie until around Db41 and F69 or maybe higher. And in the bass
10th and 17ths slowing down evenly all the way to A1 and Db29 having a very
slow beat.
I ask what does HT sound like in the treble and bass ? I know if I am having a
bad day or for whatever reason my temperment is "off" those tests will keep
haunting me until I finally go back and make a better temperment.
With discrepencies being magnified 2X per octave would'nt there have to be an
awful lot of fidgeting going on trying to keep those HT wolves at bay ?

Tom Ayers
Pianosrv@aol.com