Sweet Sound Tuning

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 12:03:21 -0500 (CDT)

I use 10ths down too, and 17ths on a piano that's decent enough for the test
to tell me anything useful. Sadly, it's not that useful, to me anyway, in
day to day tuning because most of the pianos aren't up to it.

Interesting question on the HT wolves. Do they just do a proportional
(aural) split between - say - 4ths and 5ths, duplicating the relative beat
speeds as they go up, back-blending as necessary to make it work (like a
cut-and-fit aural ET tuner), or they doing something else? Any AURAL HT
tuners out there?

 Ron