Reverse Thread tuning pins

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 23:35:10 +0200

Jim,
The designer's name is Rippen. Lindner was owned by Rippen.
The coils in the Lindner are very close to the pinblock without the risk of
blocking against the pinblock.

+AD4-This is not something new. The Lindner pianos made in Shannon, Ireland had
+AD4-reverse tuning pin threads. This was designed by a company in Holland. For
+AD4-some reason possibly related to age, I can't remember the designer's name.
+AD4-He was way ahead of his time as an engineer, but he didn't have the tonal
+AD4-concepts which most piano designers have.

I could not agree more. Rippen had some very good ideas but it did not
result in a better piano.
His son Nico has this same gift and now is designing pianos in Germany were
he is a partner in Tetsch +ACY-  May in Emmerich.

+AD4-
+AD4-Jim Coleman, Sr.
+AD4-