Action mounted to rubber? reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 15:28:29 -0500

Hi Wally,
The same thing happened while I was working for a Wurli dealer back in the
late 60's.  We wound up very carefully measuring and drilling from the back
side of the piano and pushing out the remnants,  Took several trys to get
it.  I always put lube on Wurlis and Kimball screws in situations like that
since then.  The Kimballs react like they were never were made to unscrew
but to make rigid the whole case to keybed.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
pianoman@inlink.com          "Nothing else matters but the fire in my eyes
and singing our favorite song"

> From: Wallace Scherer <WallyTS@compuserve.com>
> To: pianotechlist <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject: Action mounted to rubber?
> Date: Monday, June 29, 1998 6:58 AM
>
> Hey everybody, I could use some help with this one.
>
> Last week I was in a customer's home working on her Wurlitzer console.
This