Piano of historical value

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:11:33 EDT

 you wrote>> Completely rebuild the action, replacing all moving
parts, since much of it is not original anyway (cost may be a factor).
Helpful comments?<<
       Clyde,   For what its worth/  I recently had some difficulty working on
an older Steinway with double flanges as the replacement flanges I had were
quite a bit wider and did not fit the original hammer butt. Perhaps new hammer
butts would work but it made the job rather tedious trying to "thin" the too
fat legs on the flanges. Others may have experienced this also, I suppose.
Someone may know of a suitable vendor thats sells the correct size replacement
flanges. Good luck. Jim Love,ptg associate, Midland,TX.