Bass Tuning

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 23:13:19 -0400

Hello, List

I am still having problems with my e-mail provider, actually, they told me
the problems were due to faulty phone lines, so sometimes I can not send or
receive.

>And then the customer comes and plays single octaves and looks
>at you and says does that sound right?  I think it's a little
>off.  With PSOs it's a crap shoot!  Actually with POSs it's a
>crap shoot.

And how about that customer that plays a single note at the bass (where
there is a single string ) and tells you Donīt you think this tone is out of
tune ?.

I met once a piano tuner, that was a long time ago, that used to check the
bass tune playing a kind of minor chord, I donīt remember what notes he
used, but I remember you could notice where it was out of tune, I was young
an inexperienced then, and I did not take note, but I remembered the
situation due to this discussion, and I would like to know if any one knows
that method.

Elian Degen
Piano Tuner and Technician
Caracas, Venezuela  degen@telcel.net.ve
Phone 58-2-748547/ 58-14-9222981 Fax 58-2-748547