Yamaha G3 Bass question

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 19:12:41 -0600

What part of Samick didn't you understand????  Also, I suggested adding or
subtracting.  I should have said subtracting first because that is what I
ended up doing to two notes on the SAMICK . . .I say again,  SAMICK!!!

;-)

Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Pearson <SPearson@yamaha.com>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Friday, October 02, 1998 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: Yamaha G3 Bass question

>I missed the original posting on this subject, so forgive me if it is
inappropriate or assumes something incorrectly.   Please think twice before
twisting bass strings on a Yamaha piano to improve the tone.  There may
indeed be something in the strings that is causing the offending sound, but
in the unlikely event twisting in either direction does help, it would be
temporary at best, and could possibly have the opposite effect.  If the
piano is in the warranty period, or even if it is not, consider calling us
here at Yamaha, and let's see what can be done.