Two hats, only one head

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:26:57 EDT

<<
 << They don't pay me a lot for the print music gig, and I expect to get paid
 better for working
  on pianos on the floor, but I don't really know how that goes.  Should I try
 to work it on a contract basis or
  as an employee?  What is "normal" if anything, for floor tunings and
service?

  All advice will be gratefully accepted.

  Regards

  Tim Keenan >>

 What does a journeyman make as a plumber, electrician, etc? You have as much
skills and should be paid accordingly.  Self employed technicians figure about
half of what they charge, will go back to the business as expenses.  If the
dealer is paying your expenses, then you can earn a good living at about 1/2
the retail rate you would normally charge.  That would be a good journeymans
wage.

Food for thought.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR