Piano asking price?

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:41:11 -0500

The bad news is, (which is why there was probably no news) is there is no
"Herbrenson" listed in Pierce.  Nor in PPC 86 catalog. Also there was no
mention of the player mechanism manufacture. which determines 50% or more
of the value.
Also there a few player specialitst on the list I thought that would
answer before I.
The good news is.....
200 rolls have a very good chance at selling at $1.00 per. for the lot.
Also ANY player that can be restored has got to be worth at least $200,
and up to $500 if it has a Standard Action, or equiv. which is what I will
pay choice on delivery.
Perhaps the name got garbled, perhaps it is a Henderson Simplex.  If so
you are more in the $200 range IMHO......

The fact that it plays can actually decrease it's value, if it has never
been "fully restored" or ;"rebuilt" "refurbished" "stack recovered"
"re-tubed", or is forced to wheeze out a few more months by having an
electric vacuum motor installed.

There is no way to ascertain the "worth" unless a  player technician
inspects the piano. Too many variables...
Richard Moody

> From: Jay/Deb Mercier <mercier@minnewaska.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Piano asking price?
> Date: Thursday, October 02, 2098 4:42 PM
>

> The piano is a 1929 Herbrenson Player Piano in which the piano is in
fair to
> under fair condition.  The action needs attention, the strings are rusty
, the player mechanism runs perfect and is