Contests, or moot points, was Re: Another TUNE-OFF

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 23:14:53 -0600

Richard Moody wrote:

> I am wondering about the 100 or so people that will show up with home run
> ball #70.  I mean how the heck will THEY (the ones offering mega $'s for
> THE BALL) are gonna be able to know which one really was the ONE ? I
> suppose if the dna experts can really detect from finger prints, the
> pitcher, what's his name, will have a few of his on it.... I would really
> laugh if it came from saliva.....
>
> Ric Stilllickingtravelingpapers

The balls are number coded (serial number) before each game using an invisable
ultra-violet mark. Only MLB officials know the code. They require a special
scanner to detect and read.

Rob Goodale