Yamaha G3 Bass question

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 00:24:33 -0500

Steve,
	Does Yamaha twist their bass strings, if so how much? I know usually by
the sound if twisting or untwisting will help.  BUT, what I don't know is
how the much twist was given until I let the string down and take it off
the pin.  I also know that simply letting down the string and pulling up
again will acheive 90% of what the additional twisting or untwisting will
do.  So if Yamaha twists their strings say one and onehalf, and I find on
that was twisted two times or only one half, I would know a little better
what to do.

Richard Moody