Yamaha PT100II

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:28:50 -0400

Hello List et all

Today at last I had my first bad experience with the Yamaha PT100II and I
thought it is important for you to know. Also if there is anybody in the
list from Yamaha, take note.
I was called to tune a piano for a Blues Festival, which was carried away in
the open air under tents. Today was a rainy day, very cloudy, no sunshine.
When I switched the Yamaha on. I couldnīt se the "LEDS" I always had Yamaha
tuners, the last I had was a PT100, the immediate before this one, I had
other tinings of this kind before, and the PT100, with normal daylight,
shading it with a piece of cardboard was pretty visible. Today the 100II,
not even shading it, and the day was far from being a shiny day. I tried to
find a brightness "pot"(potenciometer)  inside ( the old one had one) zero,
no pot inside. What saved me is that I always carry the old faithful A440
diapason with me, and I finished tuning auraly, not very easy. but I did it.

What a day.

The sound people was sound testing, one hour left for the performance, the
rain was getting into the tent, the Yamaha was invisible.

Get the picture.

To Yamaha, this is something that realy need correction.