RCT comments

mitchkiel@olywa.net mitchkiel@olywa.net
Sun, 4 Oct 98 10:33:44 -0800

>As I posted before, we did a technical on the Windows RCT on a
>Toshiba Libretto 100 and the small screen does not capture the
>visual aspects of RCT as well as a bigger screen.  There are a
>lot of little characters etc. that are much better defined on a
>larger screen.  I still think if you want small get SAT III or
>keep your SAT II.  If you don't mind carrying around a laptop
>and want the features RCT has thats the way to go...
>
>David ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA

  David,

   The version of RCT you saw was an early beta version
that was still a work-in-progress. In other words, it was
unfinished. (If you've ever had customers who've played
a half-regulated piano then commented that it didn't sound right,
you understand this problem.)
   I'm happy to inform you that we've fixed the exact problem
you noticed. The final version of RCT 3.0  for Windows
uses standard-size fonts that look just fine. All the numbers and
letters are now easy to read, even on the Toshiba Libretto 100.

  I can't resist pointoing out that these letters and numbers
appear on charts and graphs that an SAT doesn't
(and can't) display.

  Your conclusion, based on evidence no longer true, imo
misses the salient point that RCT is much more than its features:

  RCT's Chameleon 2 calculates better-sounding tuning's than the SAT's
FAC.

Mitch

Mitch Kiel, RPT
Reyburn CyberTuner sales and support