Final Solution?

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Mon, 05 Oct 1998 10:30:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi Bill:

I noticed a few people took exception to your remark about the "Final
Solution."

May I be so bold as to remind you of something you already know, and that
is that the Owen Jorgensen "Five and Seven" Temperament was developed after
the ET. So also was the Coleman IV, VII, & XI. Then contemporarily, the
Bailey "Well Meant", and last but not least the special Bremmer version
of the "Equal Beating Victorianized Modified Meantone". All of these post
date the "Twelfth Comma Meantone system" as you so cleverly described our
current Equal Temperament last summer.

I take that last description seriously and therefore include ET in the HTs.

I hope we don't come to the place where we have ET police, or HT police,
or thought police.

I couldn't help thinking of another Bill when you said "I stand by my
statement." That Bill had something to hide at that time.

If various HTs are to survive, it will be in the market place of Music and
not in politics or polemics. Ideas forced upon people will eventually die.
Witness the Crusades, Inquisitions, Nazism, Communism, etc.

Jim Coleman, Sr.