Yamaha G3 Bass question

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 22:20:41 -0600

>Richard...It is my understanding that Yamaha puts a half twist in our bass
strings.  The basic message of my original post, however, remains the same.
If there is a problem with the tone of any of our bass strings, twisting
them in either direction will probably have no effect,  or worse, may
exacerbate the situation.  If the piano is still under warranty (or even if
it is not),  please call us.  Strings which are not performing properly as
installed at the factory, should be replaced.  Period.
>Steve Pearson
>Yamaha

Since I started this particular mess (I DIDN'T start the other one!!!)  I
must still continue to make myself more clear.  Okay  --  everyone knows
there are techs out there who just jump in and do things.  So . . .  my
point was really to CHECK FOR THE PROPER TWIST because maybe someone twisted
them too much.  This is probably what happened to the piano I had come
across a while back.

Now that we've established it is a half twist, and nothing else seems to
work, and everything points to the bass string itself, it is possible
someone went in there with a twist that they shouldn't have.  Probably rare
but then that is what this discussion forum is all about.  People wouldn't
post if the solutions were simple.

Sorry for the trouble I caused!!!

Glenn.