S & S 'A' parts, geometry -- shanks and flanges

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 22:08:23 -0400

On further thinking this out, I am not sure where the hammer would be
with a larger knuckle compared to a smaller one at the halfway point
since it started from rest when the wippen was lower in order to maintain
hammer blow. I tested knuckle radius changes from the hammer c/p but
not tested larger knuckles to see their effect.

Does anyone have results from such an exchange?

So far, I';m inclined to think that a larger knuckle will induce greater
aftertouch, no hard evidence, just speculation.

No time to test . . .

Jon Page