Looking for info......

arth arth@bellsouth.net
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 21:15:22 -0500

robert,

I'm very sorry to hear of your illness. I hope the very best for you. I
started 20 some years ago with the Aubrey Willis correspondence course which
is pretty good. It was eventually bought out by Randy Potter who turned it
into a state of the art video course. I still have my original course. It's
10-12 or so chapters. If you send me your mailing address I will send you a
chapter a month or something like that.

It's tough to get a mentor. Once you get some reading done techs won't have
to do as much teaching for you; they will be more likely to do some
explaining. Stay on this list and you will learn a lot. And tune your lab
piano a little every day. Use your musical skills as much as possible. I
find at times I will rely on my sense of scale pitch to get me in the
ballpark (if the piano is way out). Although this is not how we
traditionally tune a piano, at times, all our resources may be called into
play.

henry artigue