Looking for info......

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 19:39:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi Robert:

I can empathize with you, having been a Band director myself. I like to
recommend the Randy Potter Correspondence course because it gives a good
structured approach to the entire field of piano service. Next, I like
to recommend joining the Piano Technicians Guild as an Associate member.
You will receive our monthly magazine as well as favorable treatment by
most other members when you have questions. If you can apprentice yourself
to someone in the field in your area this is also a great advantage.

You can do a search of the archives of this list to find questions answered
which will occur to you from time to time.

I also like to recommend an electronic tuning device to be used as a help
in your learning to tune well. This gives you a private tutor. Just don't
become so dependent upon it that you never really learn to tune on your
own. Such devices as Korg, Seiko, and other band tuners are not much help
in piano tuning.

I have written a couple of articles which give a person a practical method
of preparing for his Registered Piano Tuning Exam. Write me if you would
like a copy by email.

I also sell the Sanderson AccuTuners which are the most accurate electronic
tuning devices. with such a device, you will be up and running much quicker
than if you just struggle on your own without any help.

Jim Coleman, Sr.