Looking for info......

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 07:24:15 +0000

Hi Robert,
    In addition to your piano I assume you also have basic tools, tuning
hammer/mutes and have a piano supply house catalogue.  At what level are
you at now?  Do you understand the theory behind tuning? and can you
tune an equal temperament by ear without help?  As I recall if you
survive that stage the rest starts to come easier and more self
teachable. (Like learning a new instrument where making a sound is a
challenge and very close supervision is needed.)  Your musical
background should be a real plus.  Eventually you will need to practice
on many different instruments as they present different challenges.
Perhaps your school will let you work on some of their pianos.  One
never stops learning in this profession and there isn't anyone who knows
everything.
-Mike Jorgensen