geometry -- knuckle size

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 09:29:25 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/98 2:42:56 AM, remoody@easnet.net wrote:

<<You asked

>	Doesn't increasing the knuckle diameter really only

> increase a given point on the knuckle 1/2 of the diameter increase??>>

<<"If you increase the diameter of a knuckle by 1 mm the diameter increases

by 1 mm.  If you increase the RADIUS by 1 mm the diameter increases by TWO

mm. ">>

Well RichardthePicky if you are going to use what I said against me simply
because that is what the words say.........................sigh, I give up,
but I insist there "was no improper relationship" between the knuckle and
radius intended :-)

<<"I don't see the logic of changing knuckles to change after touch,">>
Neither do I.........where did this come from???

<<"So here is a multiple choice question..... If one screws up the capstan

to raise the hammer by say 2mm what will happen to the after touch?

A.Increase. B. Decrease. C Remain the same.D all of the above.E none of

the above.

Here is an essay question. "Explain your answer to the above question.">>"

 Ans: A.
Essay: cause it do........iffn hammer she gots lots shorter distance for
travelin and knockin string, leesn key move do itt and dis leaves mo room
under key when de hammer she falls off jack.
Or::: once keydip is established, aftertouch is directly proportional to
capstan height.

I'm going to recess now :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)