Quiz du jour (easy)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 19:33:08 EDT

<< Heavy pedals were known to me and over the years I'd replaced coil
 springs with the lighter ones available.  Still were heavy.
 This is the first time anyone had ever complained about it, however.

 Repositioned damper lever spring to other side of pitman.
 Definite improvement.

 Repositioned sostenudo spring >halfway toward pivot.
 Definite improvement.

 Shift is very sluggish and spongy. Immediately suspected cheekblocks and
 loosened screws to check.

 No effect.

 What was it?  >>

Something is lose. My inclination would be to look at the bottom of the lyre.

Wim