Quiz du jour (easy)

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 08 Oct 1998 17:23:44 -0600

Hi Conrad,
                Have you checked the dag screws, and rear key frame
bedding. I had a SF10 with a similar problem, the rear of the frame was
binding on the treble dag. it turned out that some one had tightened the
glide bolts, forcing the rear of the action upwards when the cheek blocks
were tightened.
Regards Roger

At 12:24 PM 08/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Instrument:
>-1968 vintage Baldwin SD10 in recital hall.
>
>Complaint:
>-Pedals heavy, and una corda feels "wierd".
>
>Heavy pedals were known to me and over the years I'd replaced coil
>springs with the lighter ones available.  Still were heavy.
>This is the first time anyone had ever complained about it, however.
>
>Repositioned damper lever spring to other side of pitman.
>Definite improvement.
>
>Repositioned sostenudo spring >halfway toward pivot.
>Definite improvement.
>
>Shift is very sluggish and spongy. Immediately suspected cheekblocks and
>loosened screws to check.
>
>No effect.
>
>What was it?
>

>Conrad Hoffsommer         Office - (319) 387-1204
>Luther College            Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
>700 College Drive         hoffsoco@luther.edu
>Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
>
>       Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) of
>   Digitally Activated Biopowered Tone Generation Systems
>"If you have to plug it in, or you can't watch how it works,
>                I don't work on it."

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina